Friday, August 6, 2010

Where do you find inspiration?

Lately I have been finding inspiration all over the place. The best inspiration comes from my customers. They ask for Colors/Styles I don't think about...or haven't gotten to yet. This ring and earrings were a suggestion from a customer, Kristin Haycocks:
So I followed the creative flow...and came up with these:

Here is another...I was in this Treasury by Kathleen Cavalaro:
I just absolutely loved the pop of golden color with the robins egg blue. So I came up with this:I was so inspired by a post on Facebook by Mary Ellen Golden(who by the way does the most incredible watercolors (maryellengolden.etsy.com). She posted a picture of herself wearing a custom dyed Shirt by Diana Hughes of Dye Diana Dye(find her on etsy). Diana calls her shirt: Trailing Tendrils Time's Echo Top. Ellen had the photo taken in her Hydrangea garden wearing her top. I found it so stunning that I had to figure out how to translate this to enamel:
This is what I came up with. It is my new most favorite color blend. My mind is always trying to figure out what else I can use it on...what can I shape out of copper?? Any ideas? Much thanks everyone for all of the inspiration.


5 comments:

Kitty Baby Love said...

I love your organic shapes and the colors of your pieces!

Diana said...

To think that my work inspired yours! I am so very, very honored. And the color combo that resulted? Wow! Stunning. Mary Ellen and I both might need a new pair of earrings. :) Thank you!

Mary Ellen Golden said...

I am so honored! Your work is beautiful!

Jan4insight said...

Your jewelry is gorgeous! And thank you for posting your inspirations - it's always interesting to take a peek at the creative process behind the finished work :)

Jan B of EclecticaByJan.etsy.com

Teka and Zoe said...

The photo is stunning. I love those colors so much. I just can't stop staring at them. I had to call it up several times in the creative process to make sure I go the colors right. In fact I had to go back in and added more blue. Thank-you so much for the inspiration!! Michelle

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin